Natural Gardening | Boone, NC
Caring for the Earth, People & Communities
Stay tuned for exciting upcoming events and workshops
St. Mary Tour of Homes in Blowing Rock 2014
July 25, 2014
Blowing Rock, NC
Jasmine's Gardens & Natural Living will be featured at the 2014 Tour of Homes, at “Wintersweet” home of Curt Andrews.
Tour of Homes:
• When: July 25th
• Where: Transportation leaves from the church beginning at 9:00 am, with last shuttle leaving at 3:00 pm. Homes are open until 5:00 pm
• Cost: $25/person
• Church Café: Catered by Roots at the church for $10/person. Tickets available at the church. Vegetarian option available.
• Parking: Available in the deck behind BRAHMS
• Other Activities: Bake Sale, Silent Auction, Cookbook Sale, and more.
Tickets are $25 and may be purchased at St. Mary’s and at the Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce on Park Avenue beginning July 1st. Tickets may not be purchased by mail.
Tastes of Nature
Wednesday, June 18th; 5:30 - 7:00 pm
Boone Healing Arts Center
"The more we immerse ourselves in Nature the more our soul awakens. Among hte many gifts that Nature gives, food is one."
This workshop is an introduction to the gifts that nature has to offer. This is a chance to experience the pleasure that comes with making & eating things like herbal-infused honeys, and ingredents that come right from the earth.
You'll walk away from this workshop with a natural, healthy sugar buzz, and a reconnection to Nature's Speical Energy.
- Sour Grass
Cost: $50 (Before June 12) / $60 (After June 12)
For more information, or to register call 828-386-1172; Boone Healing Arts Center
Beyond Basil: Pesto Gone Wild Workshop
MAY 14, 2014 5:30-7:00 pm
Did you know that many wild plants are known for having extremely high levels of essential vitamins and minerals?
Some call them weeds, but Jasmine ShoShanna will show you how to transform these plants into vibrant, tasy and nutritious pestos.
Pesto needs little or no cooking at all, which makes it perfect for summer and means that none of the ingredients' characterics and chemical components are altered or destroyed.
* All recipes used are gluten-free & vegeterian. Most recipes are dairy free. Class includes: indentifying several common wild plants, printed recipes, incredible food samples and more.
For more information or to register call (838) 386-1172, or click the link below!